Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Here's what I've weaned from the previous post, the dream.2 (don't you love that word - weaned?)

BMrs. Ramberry of the Ramberrys
From North Dakota will scream
For an epidural and
Nurse Figazzato (who will
Die two days later from the heat)
Will shake his head and say
Too late, too late. I hate being
A man nurse.

Ten hours later, they will miss
The opportunity for a clean cut
Because my tiny little fist
Will want to taste the air
Though my feet remain twisting
in murk and darkness.

I will think to myself - It is nice,
this a warm place. But
Nonsense.
There is something else out there.

Then, Mrs. Ramberry’s vaginaskin
Will tear open with each
Of my wrigglings, like a shirt
ripping at the sleaveseam as
the flesh of a giant plum
bursts through - thin, purple, wet.

But as for me, I will only hear
The whoosh of suction and passing.
I will open my mouth
At the writhing world

And come out laughing
And clean.



5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Please stop writing such good poetry. It makes my life better.

April 16, 2008 at 11:31 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Also, that's a completely incorrect use of the word "weaned" in your intro. I think you mean "gleaned," which is completely different.

April 16, 2008 at 9:10 PM  
Blogger Jean Lee said...

I try not to respond to comments, but for the sake of English:

tr.v.
To detach from that to which one is strongly habituated or devoted: She weaned herself from cigarettes.

adjective
freed of dependence on something especially (for mammals) mother's milk; "the just-weaned calf bawled for its mother"

My poems are mammals with lung cancer.

April 17, 2008 at 8:44 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You are a goof.

April 17, 2008 at 9:42 PM  
Blogger Nicholas said...

I keep thinking about the laughing and the clean.

The other image...somewhat less pleasant, if not less evocative.

Does this stuff just roll off of your fingers nowadays, moreso than before you took these two classes? Have you always been such a poet?

Ha! I called you a poet. There's no getting around it. You're a poet.

April 21, 2008 at 10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home