Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Dream Writing.1

So sometimes I type in my sleep. Let me clarify - sometimes I type in my sleep. I'm typing on my laptop and my mind goes into stage 1 or 2 of sleep but my fingers keep typing and I end up typing up my dreams.

Here's what I wrote yesterday:

If I were you, I’d leave
Shouting
Stop consuming me
But you stay and for staying
I must stay and also say
I love you
Bird
I’m talking to a bird.
I’m talking to a bird
I’m talking to a bird
I’m…crazy

La da deed a dad a da
La da deed a dad a dad a
Dadadadadada
Dadadeedadeeda…dad?
Dad,
How did you wander this way
Weren’t you supposed to be in Canada
Or did mom send you this way
I won’t forgive her for not telling me
Now I’ve got jelly on my face
And no time to wash it off
Before you leave you leaving
Too

There’s no real point to this song
About a bird and my dad

About a bird and my dad
Your words, I forget them
The determined value
The sum and final debt
What does this mean
This “weighing thoughtfully”
Weight, measure, dwell
In
Selah selah selah
Selah
Selah selah selah


To hang
Weigh
Determin value
Measured
In our mourning selah
Weighed balances found wanting
Measure carefully the meaning
“weight thoughtfully”



I won’t sing of promises
That I will break
Because this sinner
Will forget and take
In my thoughts I will
Murder the happiness
Of others and string
from door
To door to door
And call it relationship
Loving in transience
Networking
Handshakes
Smiles
Business cards
No

I get it
Its okay
Pop pop pop
Ha ha ha ha
Fine fine fine fine
CHRIST
Ma ma ma
Ra ra ra riiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeee
Woo woo wooooo
Sh sh shhhhhh

You ask too much of me
I can’t go on I can’t go on
He’s beautiful and he tells me
Save yourself save yourself
I’m fine I’m fine I’m fine

I only fall in love
With fictional people
Who have locket hearts
And tragic flaws
You have shaken me and torn me open.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nicholas said...

You really type this in your sleep?

April 1, 2008 at 10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home