Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Correct a Misunderstanding

I can hear them
Pick pick crinckle pick crinckle pick pick
I grab my floor lamp and pluck them from
the shadows, from the shifting,
plastic bags and I see the dips,
the sharp angles
of little jutting bones pressing out
all over their bodies.
They've come here from the
cold-worn outside and no one else
wants their pee-soaked feet.
So I give them little shoes
Four little shoes to wear
Little shoes made of aluminum
Aluminum and tea bag strings

And so they scatter
Running click click click
For mouse city
The five of them
whispering to eachother
The girl is not so bad after all
The girl is not so bad.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nicholas said...

I'm glad y'all have worked out a better relationship.

April 2, 2008 at 3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home