Sunday, September 28, 2008

I am angry at the water and the people.
I am angry at nothing.
I trample on puddles and other small things
To tell myself that I am angry.
I writhe beneath an endless line of stone arches
that press together, that press down the dust.
And half of me feels nothing
And half of me screams at the nothing I feel.
Too many people use nothing for
food and clothing and happiness and expression
But I mean it. I mean nothing, like
when I sleep with my eyes open
As I did yesterday and the night before.

Obedience is nothing
I do not know what to follow.
I made a pact with God.
If he takes away this deafening uncertainty
I will follow with all my heart.
But I don't know if these kinds of pacts
Are encouraged or allowed
But I made it
Because there is nothing else I can do now
And that is all I know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home