Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Patriotic Pigeon

Today I saw the most patriotic pigeon ever. I was sittting outside of Cosi eating my cobb-salad-with-tuna-instead-of-chicken, and I saw a very large female pigeon lurking nearby. But much to my surprise, when she turned around, I saw that her white underfeathers had streaks of red and blue - too splotchy and patterened on both wings to be spray-painted on.

That pigeon, I suppose, wasn't so bad as the other ones, but only because I judged it by something that was out of her power. Cheers!

2 Comments:

Blogger Nicholas said...

Now that you've met one pigeon that didn't fit into your sweeping prejudice, maybe you can begin to look past the color of the birds' feathers and judge each according to its individual merit.

We all have speciesist tendencies, but we must learn to grow past them. I'm glad you've taken this first step.

July 1, 2008 at 10:24 PM  
Blogger Nicholas said...

Also, how do you know it was a her?

July 1, 2008 at 10:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home