Sunday, May 4, 2008

Consumers

I am really very hungry. Make me dinner?

All you need is two fresh chives.
Maybe also -
one garlic clove.

Maybe the clove and the chives will run
away naked and then
I will have nothing to eat but
thin garlic skin and white,
oniony
root hairs.

I'll grow these root hairs
on my head.
They will sprout into vegetables
(green beans, of course)
and short sheets of seaweed
for bangs.

Then, at the next apocalyptic famine,
people will crowd at my doorstep and say,
Come out, please. We would
Like to eat you.

A
ll I will be able to do
is quietly lock my door
and watch television
in the bathtub

Then I will see myself
staring back on every station and
know how
it feels
to be wanted.

1 Comments:

Blogger Richard said...

I like this one a lot. Very cute.

Even though it's dark.

May 9, 2008 at 10:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home